I had the unique experience and career as a Professor of Chemistry in the prestigious Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology. I have supervised 4 Ph.D. students, 30 M. Phil and 5 M.Sc. students. I have published 50 Publications in accredited national and international journals. I have been involved in international organizations such as – in Federation of Asian Chemical Societies (FACS) as Secretary General, in International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry (IUPAC) as National Representative and International Chemistry Olympiad (IChO) as Head Mentor and scientific observer. I was also General Secretary and Treasurer of Bangladesh Chemical Society (BCS), Convener of Bangladesh Chemistry Olympiad and Organizing Secretary of Asian Chemical Congress (16 ACC). I am acting as a Chairman of Chemical Divisional Committee in Bangladesh Standards and Testing Institute (BSTI) and I was also member and Vice Chairman of BSTI from 2010 to 2018 . As a result, I am confident in my leadership, administrative capacities, organizing skill and as well as strong teaching and research credentials.
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph. D.) in Science
Jadavpur University, Kolkata, India
Diploma in Chemistry and Chemical Engineering
Tokyo Institute of Technology
Master of Philosophy (M. Phil.) in Organic Chemistry
Bangladesh University of Engineering & Technology
Master of Philosophy (M. Phil.) in Organic Chemistry
Department of Applied Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, University of Dhaka
Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Chemistry
Govt. B. M. College Under University of Dhaka
- Mohammad Mazharol Hoque, Md. Abdul Bari, Md. Wahab Khan*, “Rh(II)-mediated one-pot synthesis of dihydrobenzofuran and spiro[2.5]oct-1-ene: Experimental and DFT studies”, J. Phy. Org. Chem., First published: 15 November 2021, https://doi.org/10.1002/poc.4300, Wiley
- Laila Arifun Nahar, Ajoy Kumer and Md Wahab Khan*, “Investigation of catalytic effect on carbon-carbon bond formation by Baylis-Hillman (BH) reaction between (2/3/4)-nitro-arylaldehyde and alkylacrylates and computational approaches through DFT functional”, J. Heliyon, October 2021, 7(10):e08139; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.heliyon.2021.e08139; Received Date: 17 July 2021 Revised Date: 17 September 2021 Accepted Date: 4 October 2021
- Ajoy Kumer, Md. Wahab Khan* “The effect of alkyl chain and electronegative atoms in anion on biological activity of anilinium carboxylate bioactive ionic liquids and computational approaches by DFT functional and molecular docking”, J.heliyon.2021.e07509, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.heliyon.2021.e07509, Received 1 February 2021; Received in revised form 12 March 2021; Accepted 5 July 20212405-8440/©2021. Elsevier Ltd.
- Md. Eyazul Haque, Md. Wahab Khan* and Moly Rani, “Studies on morphological, physico‑chemical and mechanical properties of wheat straw reinforced polyester resin composite” Polymer Bulletin, Springer-Verlag GmbH Germany, https://doi.org/10.1007/s00289-021-03630-z 1 3; Received: 11 September 2020 / Revised: 5 January 2021 / Accepted: 27 February 2021 © The Author(s), under exclusive licence to, part of Springer Nature 2021
- Md Eyazul Haque, Md Wahab Khan*, Md Najmul Kabir Chowdhury, “Synthesis, characterization, biocompatibility, thermal and mechanical performances of sawdust reinforced composite” Polymer Testing, 91 (2020) 106764, available online 5 August 2020, 0142-9418/© 2020 Elsevier
- Tanvir Sultana, Shahin Sultana, Husna Parvin Nur and Md Wahab Khan,* “Studies on Mechanical, Thermal and Morphological Properties of Betel Nut Husk Nano Cellulose Reinforced Biodegradable Polymer Composites” Compos. Sci. 2020, vol.4(3), pp 83-98; doi:10.3390/jcs4030083 DMPI Received: 7 April 2020; Accepted: 23 June 2020; Published: 27 June 2020
- Md. Sayedul Islam1and Md. Wahab Khan, “A highly effective green catalyst Ni/Cu bimetallic nanoparticles supported by dendritic ligand for chemoselective oxidation and reduction reaction”, Chemical Papers, (Springer), https://doi.org/10.1007/s11696-020-01480-z Received: 25 May 2020 / Accepted: 18 December 2020 © Institute of Chemistry, Slovak Academy of Sciences 2021
- Mohammad Mazharol Hoque, Ajoy Kumer, Md. Sajib Hussen, Wahab Khan*, “Theoretical Evaluation of 5, 6-Diaroylisoindoline-1,3dione as Potential Carcinogenic Kinase PAK1 Inhibitor: DFT Calculation, Molecular Docking Study and ADMET Prediction”, Int. J. Adv. Biol. Biomed. Res. 2021, 9(1): 77-104,Received: 10 July 2020, Revised: 16 September 2020, Accepted: 26 September 2020Available online at http:www.ijabbr.com DOI: 10.22034/ijabbr.2020.45696
- Ashutosh Nath, Ajoy Kumer, Wahab Khan*, “Synthesis, Computational and Docking Study of Some 2, 3-Dihydrobenzofuran and its Derivatives,” Journal of Molecular Structure, 1224 (2021), 129225, Elsevier, Received 24 May 2020, Accepted 7 September, 2020, Available online 19 September 2020, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.molstruc.2020.129225
- Nath, A., Kumer, A., Zaben, F. Md. Wahab Khan* “Investigating the binding affinity, molecular dynamics, and ADMET properties of 2, 3-dihydrobenzofuran derivatives as an inhibitor of fungi, bacteria, and virus protein”. Beni-Suef Univ J Basic Appl Sci 10, 36 (2021). https://doi.org/10.1186/s43088-021-00117-8, Springer
- Mohammad Jahidul Islam, Ajoy Kumer and Wahab Khan, The theoretical study of anticancer rhodium complexes and methyl groups effect on ligands in chemical reactivity, global descriptors, ADMET by DFT study Turkish Computational and Theoretical Chemistry Turkish Comp Theo Chem, (TC&TC) Volume(Issue): 5(2),Year: 2021, Pages: 1-13 e-ISSN: 2602-3237, https://doi.org/10.33435/tcandtc.843770 Received: 20.12.2020, Accepted: 20.02.2021
- Sayedul Islam and Wahab Khan*, “Synthesis of Dendritic Ligand Assisted Zn/Cu Bimetallic Nanoparticles as a Highly Active Green Catalyst for Chemoselective Oxidation and Reduction Reaction”, Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering, Springer, Received: 15 May 2020 / Accepted: 19 August 2020, Published online 31 August 2020, https://doi.org/10.1007/s13369-020-04908-6
- Mohammad Mazharol Hoque, Md. Sajib Hussen, Ajoy Kumer and Wahab Khan*, “Synthesis of 5, 6-diaroylisoindoline-1, 3-dione and computational approaches for investigation on structural and mechanistic insights by DFT, Molecular Simulation”, Taylor & Francis, Received 30 May 2020, Accepted 9 August 2020 https://doi.org/10.1080/08927022.2020.1811866
- Sayedul Islam and Md. Wahab Khan, "Synthesis and comparative study of catalytic activity between Pd-metallodendrimer and Pd/Cu-bimetallodendrimer nanoparticle-based on triazine" Journal of Saudi Chemical Society, (ELSEVIER), Vol. 24, Issue 1, Jan. 2020. pp 105-119. https://doi.org/10.1016/J.JSCS.2019.09.008
- Wahab Khan and Laila Arifun Nahar, DABCO Catalyzed One-Pot Synthesis of Ester Derivatives of Tris (2-Aminoethyl)amine”, American Journal of Chemistry, 2020,10(2), 26-32, DOI: 10.592/j.chemistry,20201002.02
- Mohammad Mazharol Hoque, Mohammad A. Halim, Mohammed G. Sarwar and Wahab Khan “Palladium-catalyzed cyclization of 2-alkynyl-N-ethanoylanilines to indoles: synthesis, structural, spectroscopic, and mechanistic Study” J. Phys. Org. Chem. 2015, vol. 28,732-742, John Wiley & Sons. Ltd, DOi:10.1002/POC.3477
- W. Khan, A. Akther and M. S. Alam, “A Highly Regio-selective Synthesis of N-acyl-2-acyl (aroyl) indolium chloride through Palladium-Copper Catalysis followed by Friedel-Crafts Reaction,” Synlett, (Thieme Stuttgart) DOI: 10.1055/s-0033-1340831; Vol. 25, 0831-0834, 2014.
- W. Khan, M. K. Uddin, M. Ali, M. S. Rahman, M. A. Rashid and R. Chowdhury, “A Convenient Synthesis of New Annelated Pyrimidines and Their Biological Importance, J. Heterocyclic Chem, (Wiley) DOI: 10.1002/jhet.1891; 51, E 216-221, 2014.
- M. Hoque, M. A. Halim, M. M. Rahman, M. I. Hossain and M. W. Khan, “Synthesis and Structural insights of Substituted 2-iodoacetanilides and 2-iodoanilines” Journal of Molecular Structure, Elsevier, 1054-1055 (2013) 367-374.
- N.K. Chowdhury, M. W. Khan, M. F. Mina, M. D. H. Beg, M. R. Khan, A.K.M.M. Alam, “Synthesis and characterization of radiation grafted films for removal of arsenic and some heavy metals from contaminated water” J. Radiation Physics and Chemistry, (Elsevier) 81 (2012) 1606-1611.
- W. Khan, M. J. Alam, M. A. Rashid and R. Chowdhury, “ A new structural alternative in benzo[b]furans for antimicrobial activity” J. Bioorg. Med. Chem. Elsevier, 2005, 13, 4796-4805.
- W. Khan and A.F.G. Masud Reza, “Palladium Mediated Synthesis of Isoindolinones and Isoquinolinones,” Tetrahedron, Elsevier, DOi: 10.1016/j.tet; 2005, 61, 11204.
- G. Kundu, M. W. Khan and Rupa Mukhopadhyay, “Isoindolinones (Phthalimidines), J . Indian Chem. Soc., (India). 2001, vol 78, pp 671-688.
- G. Kundu and M. W. Khan, “Palladium-catalysed Heteroannulation with Terminal Alkynes: a highly Regio- and Stereoselective Synthesis of (Z)-3-Aryl(alkyl)idene isoindolin-1-ones,” Tetrahedron, (Elsevier, UK), 2000, vol 56, pp 4777-4792.
- Mukherjee, S. Matti, M. W. Khan, M. Helliwell and N. G. Kundu, “4-Benzoyl-2-Chloro-6-Phenylpyrimidine”, Acta Cryst. (UK), 1999, vol C 55, pp 2186-2188.
- W. Khan and N. G. Kundu,"A highly efficient synthesis of 1-alkylidene-1,3-dihydroisobenzofurans and 3-alkylidene isobezofuran-1(3H)-ones (phthalides) through palladium - copper catalysis using acetylenic carbinols as synthons", Synlett, ((Thieme Stuttgart, New York), 1999, No. 4, pp 456-458.
- G. Kundu, M. W. Khan and R. Mukhopadhyay, " Heteroannulation through combined Palladium Catalyst and Friedel-Crafts Rections Strategy: Synthesis of 3-Alkylidene Isoindolin-1-ones”, Tetrahedron, (Elsevier, UK), 1999, vol 55, pp 12361-12376.
- G. Kundu, M. W. Khan and J. S. Mahanty, “Palladium-catalyzed heteroannulation with acetylenic carbinols: Synthesis of 3-acylmethyl isoindolin-1-ones", J. Chem. research(s), 1999, pp 460-461, J. Chem. Research (M), (UK), 1999, pp 1901-1918.
- G. Kundu , M. W. Khan, S. Guha and A. K. Mukherjee, "Two (Z)-3-aryl(alkyl)idene isoindol-1-ones", Acta Cryst. (UK), 1999, vol C55, pp 239-241.
- W. Khan and N. G. Kundu, "An expeditious synthesis of 4-acyl-2, 6-dioxo-1, 2, 3, 6- tetrahydropyrimidines (6-acyl uracils) and 4-acyl-6-aryl-2-oxo-2, 3-dihydropyrimidines", J. Chem. Research(s), 1999, pp 20-21, J. Chem. Research (M), (UK), 1999, pp 0301-0318.
- W. Khan, S. Guha, A. K. Mukherjee and N. G. Kundu, " N-Benzyl-3-benzylidene isoindolin-1-one", Acta Cryst. (UK), 1998, vol C54, pp 119-120.
- W. Khan and N. G. Kundu, " A highly regio- and stereoselective synthesis of (Z)-3- aryl(alkyl)idene isoindolin-1-ones via palladium catalyzed annulation of terminal alkynes", Synlett, ((Thieme Stuttgart, New York), 1997, No. 12, 1435-1437
- G. Kundu and M. W. Khan," An expeditious synthesis of (Z)-3-alkylidene isoindolin- 1-ones via combined palladium cataysed and Friedel-Crafts reactions", Tetrahedron Lett., (Elsevier, UK), 1997, vol 38, No 39, pp 6937-6940.
- Sayedul Islam and Md. Wahab Khan, "Synthesis of Dendrimer Assisted Co-Pd Bimetallic Nanoparticles and Catalytic Activity for Suzuki-Miyaura Coupling Reactions" American Journal of Nanosciences, 5(1): 1-8, 2019
- Sayedul Islam and Md. Wahab Khan, "Synthesis, Characterization and Catalytic Activity of Melamine-Based Dendrimer Encapsulated Pd/Cu Bimettallic Nanoparticles", International Journal of Nanoparticle Research, 2-11, 2019
- Sayedul Islam and Md. Wahab Khan, "Synthesis of Triazine-Based Dendrimer Assisted Pd-Cu Bimetallic Nanoparticles and Catalytic Activity for C-C Coupling Reaction", Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, 2-10, 2019
- Sayedul Islam and Md. Wahab Khan, "Synthesis of Diazine-Based Dendrimer Supported Pd/Co Bimetallic Nanoparticles and Catalytic Activity for Sonogashira Coupling Reactions", International Journal of Nanoparticle Research, 9(1), 2019
- Sayedul Islam and Md. Wahab Khan, "Synthesis, Characterization and Catalytic Activity of Palladium-Based Metallodendrimer with Triazine", American Journal of Chemical Research, vol 3:12, 1-10, 2019.
- Sayedul Islam and Md. Wahab Khan, "Synthesis and Catalytic Activity of Palladium Mediated Mettallodendrimer for the Sonogashira and Heck Coupling Reactions", American Journal of Chemistry, vol.9(2), 71-90, 2019.
- Md Ashraful Alam, Kazuaki Shimada, Yusuke Taneichi, Wahab Khan, Md. Abdur Rashid, Md. Chanmiya Sheikh, "Synthesis, Reactions and Biological Importance of α, β-Unsaturated Carbodithioate Esters: A Review, American Journal of Organic Chemistry, vol 9(1) 1-8, 2019.
- Ashraful Alam, Aklima Jahan, Md. Wahab Khan, "A Review on Dendrimers and Metallodendrimers, the Important Compounds as Catalyst in Material Chemistry", Advances in Materials, vol. 695), 52-56, 2017.
- Wahab Khan and Farhana Hoque, “An Efficient Synthesis of Alkenyne and Alkenoate Derivatives from Terminal Alkynes by Palladium Catalyzed Reactions,”J. Bangl. Chem. Soc., vol. 28(1&2), 09-17, 2016.
- Wahab Khan, Md. Enamul Haque and Md. Faiaz Ahmed, “An Expeditious Synthesis of 6-Amido-(1H,3H)-Pyrimidine-2,4-Diones from Uracil-6-Carboxylic Acid” Dhaka Univ. J. Pharm.Sci. 13(1):23-29, 2014.
- Mohammad Mazharol Hoque, Md. Ismail Hossain and Wahab Khan, Palladium-Catalysed heteroanulation with terminal alkynes: “A Highly regio-selective Synthsis of 2-substituted indoles” J. Bangl. Chem. Soc., Vol. 26(2), 154-163, 2014.
- Sultana and M. W. Khan, “A Facile Synthesis of 5-Iodo-6-Substituted Pyrimidines fromUracil-6-Carboxylic acid (Orotic acid)” Dhaka Univ. J. Pharm. sci., 12 (2), 97-102, 2013.
- A. Nahar and M. W. Khan, “A convenient synthesis of alkynyl aldehydes, terminal acetylenes and alkynyl acids from alkylhalides,” J. Bangl. Chem. Soc., 2010, 23(1&2), 26-36.
- Akhter and M. W. Khan, “Synthesis of alkyl (E)-3-arylpropenoate through palladium catalyzed vinylation of aryliodide with acrylic esters.” J. Bang. Chem. Soc., 2009, 22(2), 131-141.
- F.G. Masud Reza, M. W. Khan, M. S. Rahman, C. M. Hasan, and M. A. Rashid, “ In vitro antimicrobial activity of some synthetic isoindolinone and isoquinolinone derivatives,” Dhaka Univ. J. Pharm. sci., 2006, 5(1-2), 15-19.
- Mazadul Islam and Md. Wahab khan, “A facile Synthesis of the Schiff Bases in acid buffer solution (pH 5.5) at room temperature”, J. Bang. Chem. Soc., 2018, 30(1), 37-40.
List of article in popular magazines or newspaper:
Name of Magazine / Newspaper
The role of BSTI to Protect Bangladesh with Standards
Bishsho Mun Dibhos 2020
Chemistry in Tattoo Ink
9th Chemistry Olympiad