IUBAT ECONOMICS SOCIETY (IES)
The IUBAT Economics Society (IES) was established in 2010. It has been working as the linkage between the real economic world and the great and warm imagination of the students of this university.
The objectives of IES are:
- to launch knowledge based application where the members from different disciplines can share their knowledge and learn from each other;
- to keep members up-date about the present events in the economy around the globe;
- to assist members with course-related issues, especially research work like socio-economic field work;
- to help fresh graduates in seeking jobs, preparing and placing curriculum vitae (CVs) and communication with prospective employers and
- to promote and maintain a specialized approach in both thinking and practice.
The activities and function of IES are organizing seminars and conferences, conducting counseling, guidance, preparing and maintaining a full-fledged database of potential employers, developing relationship and communication with potential employers, generating investigative reports and articles on recent economic issues, conduction training sessions on job related issues, conduction economic movie sessions and keeping in touch with the university to explore the possibilities of organizing sessions like job fair, maintaining relationship with other societies and association of IUBAT and study-tours to renowned industrial organizations home and abroad.
At present IES is organizing different informative sessions. One of the distinguished visiting guests Prof. Dr. Debabrata Dutta, Professor of Institute of Management Technology, Nagpur visited IUBAT and other places around Dhaka. A paper was presented in his honor at IUBATConference Room on Financial Crisis in Less Developing Countries. IES also has arranged one workshop on Economics and Education for Sustainable Development by visiting guest Dr. Rabin Upton, UK and the same was chaired by the Founder and Vice-Chancellor of IUBAT.
IES has plan to arrange a seminar on the class room communication where students will get the assistance regarding how to communicate better with the instructor in the class room and how to achieve the best out of the class lecture. Moreover, IES is going to organize a session on survey data collection, data entry, data analysis in both tabular and statistical analysis, report writing, preparing presentation and present a seminar paper. In addition, IES will assist the students regarding how to groom themselves for professional life.