Md. Shafiqul Islam completed his M.Sc (Thesis Group) and B.Sc (Hons.) in Mathematics from Jahangirnagar University, Savar, Dhaka in 2010 and 2009 respectively. As a partial fulfilment of the requirement for the Degree of Masters of Science in Mathematics, he carried out his thesis on “A Numerical Experiment on Burger’s Equation”. He also completed his H.S.C in 2004 from Dohar Nawabgonj College and S.S.C in 2002 from Bandura Holy Cross High School, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Md Shafiqul Islam is now working as an Assistant Professor of Mathematics in the Department of Quantitative Sciences, IUBAT‒International University of Business Agriculture and Technology, Dhaka, Bangladesh. He joined IUBAT on 24th May 2012 as a Lecturer of Mathematics.
He has many publications in national and international journals with good Impact Factors. His main areas of research interest are Numerical Linear Algebra, Model Order Reduction, Mathematical Modelling, Numerical Methods, Computational Fluid Dynamics etc.
M.Sc in Mathematics (JU)
B.Sc (Hons.) in Mathematics (JU)
Certificates, Awards, and Training
- Certificate of theBest Paper Awardin ‘International conference on sustainable computing and management’” SUSCOM-2022”.
- Training on Teaching-Learning, Curriculum & Quality Assurance, A project of
University Grants Commission of Bangladesh, Ministry of Education, Bangladesh,
Financed by the World Bank and UGC of Bangladesh.
- Certificate of Excellence in Scholarly Publication for the year 2013 by IUBAT
- Certificate of Excellence in Scholarly Publication for the year 2014 by IUBAT
- International workshop on scientific paper writing, A Faculty Development
Program (Held in IUBAT).